Since Sunday, more than 150 rockets fired by Palestinian terrorists in the Gaza Strip have hit southern Israel, threatening the lives of more than one million Israeli civilians who live within range.
House in southern Israel hit by rocket, June 20th, 2012
In response, the Israel Defense Forces targeted terrorist squads in Gaza. The terrorist organization Hamas is solely responsible for any terrorist activity emanating from the Gaza Strip.
Gazan terrorists prepare to launch rockets toward Israel
Updates (All times are approximate. Not every rocket attack from Gaza is listed separately — see bottom of each day’s list for rocket totals):
- 1:00 AM: In response to rocket fire over the weekend, IAF targets terror activity sites in the Gaza Strip.
- 7:15 PM: The Israeli Air Force targets a terrorist squad attempting to fire a rocket at Israel from the northern Gaza Strip.
- 9:50 PM: Rocket fired from Gaza hits Sderot area.
- Rocket total for day: 2
Over the night between the 18th and 19th of June, four rockets fired from Gaza hit southern Israel.
Archive: Trails of smoke after launching a rocket from Gaza aimed to Israeli civilians
- 6:00 AM: Two rockets fired from Gaza land in southern Israel.
- 12:50 PM: IAF targets terrorist squad handling explosive device near the security fence in the central Gaza Strip.
- 2:20 PM: Four rockets fired from Gaza landed in Eshkol Regional Council, just east of the strip. Residents living in this area have about 15 seconds to find shelter after hearing the alarm.
- 3:25 PM: Four more rockets fired from Gaza land in southern Israel. Israeli residents in area are instructed to remain in their homes.
- 3:50 PM: The Israeli Air Force targets terrorist squad in Gaza responsible for rockets fired at Israel over past few hours. A hit is confirmed.
- 4:50 PM: Two rockets fired from Gaza land in Eshkol Regional Council.
- 7:00 PM: Six rockets fired from Gaza land in southern Israel.
- 8:35 PM: 3 rockets hit Sha’ar HaNegev Regional Council
- 10:37 PM: 3 rockets hit southern Israel
- 11:04 PM: Another rocket hit southern Israel
- Rocket total for day: 47
- 1:00 AM: After more than 40 rockets hit the south, Israeli Air Force target terror activity site in the Gaza Strip.
- 2:43 AM: Three rockets hit southern Israel.
- 6:26 AM: Israeli Air Force targets terror activity sites in the Northern Gaza Strip.
- 8:22 AM: Update: a rocket fired from Gaza landed in an open field near Beersheba.
- 2:24 PM: 9 more rockets fired into Israel- average of one rocket every 15 minutes
- Rocket total for day: 69
- Morning hours: Eight rockets fired from Gaza struck Israel.
- 01:10 PM: Rocket fired from Gaza lands in Sha’ar Hanegev Regional Council (between Ashkelon & Beersheba).
- Rocket total for day: 10
- 11:30 AM: 2 rockets fired from Gaza hit southern Israel.
- 6:00 PM: The Israeli Air Force targeted a terror site in Gaza. A hit was identified.
- 8:15 PM: Rocket fired from Gaza hit Sdot Negev Regional Council – part of over 130 rockets to have struck Israel by that time.
- 10:00 PM: Another rocket fired from Gaza hit southern Israel.
- 11:00 PM: Terrorist squad in Gaza fires rocket that lands in Hof Ashkelon Regional Council. Immediately after, the IAF targeted the squad. A hit was confirmed.
- 11:15 PM: Rocket fired from Gaza lands in Hof Ashkelon Regional Council — the second rocket fired in less than a half hour.
- Rocket total for day: 6
- 3:30 AM: During the night, 2 more rockets are fired into Israeli territory from Gaza. In response, IAF aircraft targeted two terror sites in the northern Gaza Strip and a terror site in the southern Gaza Strip. Direct hits were confirmed.
- 8:30 AM: A barrage of 15 rockets hits southern Israel, severely injuring a man. By that hour the Iron Dome system has intercepted 5 rockets.
- 11:00 AM: IDF (Zahal) Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Benny Gantz summons an urgent meeting at the Security Cabinet to discuss the ongoing rocket fire from Gaza and examine the IDF (Zahal)’s next steps.
- 1:00 PM In last hour, 35 rockets were fired from Gaza, of which only 9 hit Israel. The rest landed inside Gaza.
- 2.33 PM: IAF targets terrorist launching rocket in the Gaza Strip
- 5:30 PM: IAF targets rocket launching terrorist squad in Gaza
- Rocket total for day: 26
- The total count of rockets to hit Israel this week is more than 150.
Archive: Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Benny Gantz meeting with IDF (Zahal) generals