Following the great demand among the Palestinians in a Gaza Strip, Israel approved by COGAT the transfer of nine trucks loaded with gas canisters for cooking and home heating, as part of a long list of concessions and gestures recently approved.
Date: 25.02.13 Author: Menachem Adoni
As part of the security arrangement after Operation “Pillar of Defense” in the Gaza Strip, and in view of the high demand of the Palestinian population in Gaza and the Palestinian Authority in Ramallah, Israel approved by the government coordinator for the territories, Maj. Gen. Eitan Dangot , transfer of nine trucks loaded with gas canisters for cooking and home heating. The gas canisters are also used in agriculture, especially for heating of chicken coops and Cowshed in the Gaza Strip.
This concession joins a long list of concessions and gestures taken by Israel for the Gaza Strip:
• Entry of 100 aggregates trucks per week was approved for the private sector.
• Expanded capabilities in “Kerem Shalom” border crossing.
• Expanding the number of new vehicles approved for export to the Gaza Strip (from 100 to 125 vehicles per week).
• The transfer of 60 heavy vehicles was approved, particularly trucks and buses, from Israel into Gaza.
• The infrastructure between Israel and the Gaza Strip was upgraded – upgrading the power line Gerizim, and laying optical fiber between the West Bank to the Gaza Strip via Israel (commercial agreement between “Hot” company and “Paltel”.
• The transfer of four fuel tanks and 2 tanks of gas were approved.
The basket of steps and gestures taken by Israel for the Gaza Strip have been achieved through Egyptian mediation, as part of the security understandings after the operation “Pillar of Defense” and with close coordination between COGAT and the PA in Ramallah. Also, most of the steps taken by Israel in front of Gaza Strip, increase the PA fund revenues by charging customs fees and other taxes of goods and vehicles transferred to Gaza.