A Hamas terror cell in the city of Qalqilya in Judea and Samaria has been uncovered and apprehended as a result of a joint IDF (Zahal)-ISA operation. The perpetrators confessed to plotting a series of terror attacks against Israelis and revealed that they had acquired dozens of kilograms of chemical substances used to manufacture explosive devices.
Chemical substances uncovered as a result of the operation.
During the investigation, members of the terror cell conveyed detailed information about a weapons lab located in an apartment in central Nablus in which the perpetrators manufactured explosive devices intended to be detonated against Israeli civilians. The Hamas operatives admitted to being recruited to the military branch of the terror organization while residing in Jordan.
They were then trained by Hamas in the Gaza Strip, and transferred to Judea and Samaria for further terror and recruitment activities. In addition, the terror squad was instructed by Hamas officials in the Gaza Strip to carry out attacks in Judea and Samaria during Operation Protective Edge.
The following individuals were arrested as a result of the operation:
- Abdallah Mohammed Yousef Zetawi, born 1989, Jamma’in resident
- Waleed Mohammed Abu Zina, born 1989, Jenin resident
- Malec Raad Farouk Janam, born 1993, Immatin resident and member of the Hamas student association (Al-Kutla al-Islamiya), at An Najah University in Nablus.
- Raja Khalid Raja Sabra, born 1993, Brukin resident, student at An Najah University in Nablus
- Jasser Mohamed Saeed Abu Omar, born 1973, Jamma’in resident
- Baha Al Din Fathi Mahmoud Soan, born 1982, Immatin resident